Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Future

tvolt is very much in it's infancy, but I thought I'd share with everyone my dream for the future of the site.

Extremely near future:
Registration
What good is the site if you can't register? I'll probably start off with a very simple registration system, but I'd like to get a comprehensive version going soon to allow for e-mailing on signup, lost password fetching, cookies, etc.

Very near future:
Individual Episode Pages

  • Episode Descriptions
  • Overall Ratings
Near future:
Tools
  • Your Shows
  • Shows you've watched recently
  • Shows you've watched some, but not all of (up to current air-date)
Forums
  • Individual Episode forums for specific questions
  • Show forums for more general stuff
  • Overall Television forums
(These forums have to be created from the ground up to be a part of the site. By tying in closely with the database lots of additional functionality can be leveraged.)

The forseeable future:
Integration
I'd love to find a way to build an API so the Windows Media Center Edition and other DVR's (maybe even TiVo) could automatically post watches to the site. Maybe they'd even allow you to rate with your remote.

The future is bright for tvolt and I'd love to hear about your ideas. E-mail me at andy@tvolt.com with suggestions or if you'd like to help out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home